Others Link: | Introduction | Army Run - Rules & Regulations | Army Run - Route Map | Army Run - Registration Form |
Date. 08 June 2013.
Venue. The Event will be held in the vicinity of Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan.
- Confirmation of Registration. On the 04 and 05 June 2013 from 0800 – 1700 Hours.
- Flag Off. 0800 hours on 08 June 2013.
Organizer. The 2ND Malaysian International Army Run 2013 (“the Event”) is organized by HQ Army TRADOC ("the Organizer") with full support of Malaysian Army HQ and the local government and private agencies of Melaka and Negeri Sembilan in conjunction with the Malaysia Army 80th Anniversary.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the participant, in which case the Organizer will make effort to inform the participant prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid unless the Organizer deems fit to give a refund and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizer and which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
- Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the participant's agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the Organizer including provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant contained in any part of the registration form. The Organizer may contact the participant from time to time by email or phone. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizer shall be deemed as received by the participant. If the participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organizer has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organizer may suspend or terminate the participant's registration.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason and notice.
- The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel and/or add any run category without prior notice to the participants.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their run entries to another party or change run categories after their registrations are confirmed.
- All Participants who had completed their registrations for the run shall receive certificate of participation and the Event’s exclusive T-shirt a day before the event (time of collection is on the 07 June 13 from 0800 to 1700 on-site registration booth at Pantai Cahaya Negeri, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan). Size of the T-shirt is however subject to availability. These certificate & T-shirts must be collected on the date and venue stated above. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All participants shall provide complete contact information when registering, especially their email address. All information updates including last minute changes (if any) to the race will be communicated to you through your email address. Your email address will be your official correspondence address.
Race Category. The Run is organized in five categories as follows:
- Male Open.
- Female Open.
- Malaysian Army Inter Formations – Men (Individual & team - closed).
- Malaysia Army Inter Formations – Women (Individual & Team – closed).
- Malaysian Armed Forces & ASEAN Armies Invitational (individual & team - closed).
- Note: All Malaysian citizens and foreign citizen qualify for only open category.
Close Event Participation. For team event the composition of teams are as follows:
- Malaysian Army Inter Formation for Men and Women Category – each formation shall provide one team consist of 10 participants each with at least of one commissioned officer, three Senior NCOs and six Corporals and below.
- Malaysian Armed Forces & ASEAN Armies Invitational Category – each MAF Service and ASEAN Army team shall provide one team consist of 10 participants with at least one commissioned officer and two Senior NCOs.
- Distance. There are two different distances:
- Men open & closed category – the distance is between 20 - 25 km endurance run.
- Women open & closed category – the distance is between 12 – 15 endurance run.
Course. The route of the Run covers all type of terrain found in Malaysian environment which include tarmac surface, unpaved road, jungle track, oil palm plantation, swamp, river, sandy beach and hilly road. Designated route will be marked with red/white tapes and assisted by sign posting and directing marshallers. The route is as per attached.
- Start Time. The flag-off time is at 0800 hours. Participants who commence the run before the flag-off time will be disqualified immediately. Participants who do not start within 20 minutes from respective flag off time will be disqualified and for safety reasons may not be allowed to continue with the Run.
- Cut Off Time For The Race. Road closure on the Event day will be lifted after six (6) hours from commencement of the run (cut-off time). Cut-off times will be set at specified check points along the route to ensure the safety of participants who are unable to complete the run within the six (6) hours. Participants who are still on the route and choose to continue running after the cut-off time, will do so at their own risk.
Non-Race Finisher. Participants who do not wish to complete the run due to any reasons should personally report to the Event official along the route or at designated Check-Points. Event official will arrange transportation back to the start/finish line.
Identification Tag. Participants must wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest and back. Participant’s category will be designated by the colour of the bib cloth and who fail to wear a bib number will be taken off the course by the Event security officers/officials. The Organizer will provide the bib number.
External Assistance. Each participant shall complete the run without any external assistance.
- Any participant or team may submit appeal to the Jury within 30 minutes after the result of the Run is announced and officialised. The Jury of Appeal shall consist of three Event officials headed by Director-General Plan & Validation, HQ Army TRADOC. The complainant or Team Manager may presence during the submission by the Jury. A MYR 200.00 application fees (non-refundable) charge has to be paid together with a written submission. Decision made by the Jury of Appeal is FINAL.
- Disputes and appeals must be made immediately within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site, failing which the Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
Participating Fees. The entrance fees for the Event are as follows:
- Male Open Category.
- MYR 60.00 for Malaysian citizen.
- MYR 100.00 for foreign citizen.
- Women Open Category.
- MYR 30.00 for Malaysian citizen.
- MYR 60.00 for foreign citizen.
Payment. Registration and payment can be made through on-line via official website. Once registered, there will be no refund for participants who do not turn up for the event for whatever reason.
Age Qualification. Participants must be on his 21st birthday or older as of Event day to participate in Men or Women Open Category. For closed events, the age limit is 18 on the day of the Event.
Entry Forms. Entry forms are available at HQ Army TRADOC, Kem Sirusa, 71050 Port Dickson, Negri Sembilan. It will also available online on the official Malaysian Army website http://army.mod.gov.my/. The Event Secretariat at is contactable via land line +606 648 3184 or +606 648 3177 during working hours (0800 to 1700) from Monday to Friday.
- Whilst every appropriate precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the participants' safety, participants run at their own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the run. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the Event.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Run Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
Do Your Homework. Please train for the Event and don’t underestimate the race. Work on hydration during the race and be prepared for weather changes. Be properly attire during the race taking into consideration that the race will take you through jungle tracks, trails and swamp.
Attire and Equipment.
- Participants are allowed to put on his/her personal running attire, which he/she feels more comfortable. Putting on t-shirt given by the Organizer during the run is not mandatory.
- Participants are not allowed to bring any type of weapon during the run, however the use of mobile phone or personal stereo (ie: ipod, iphone) is allowed.
Closing Date. All registration forms shall be submitted to the Event Organizer by 04 June 2013.
- For open categories, each participant is allowed to win only one prize-money and medal award. For the team event, participant is allowed to win more than one prize-money and medal award.
- All participants who successfully complete the run (from 1st to 5th position) will be awarded a Certificate with participant’s name and the time clocked in the run. This certificate will be delivered during the prize giving ceremony.
- For open category, participants who complete the run and positioned from 1st to 10th are eligible for prize-money and medal award. Only medals will be awarded for 11th to 30th position.
- For close category, participants who complete the run from 1st to 5th position are eligible for prize-money and medal award.
- For team event, a champion, runner-up and 2nd Runner-up will be declared. Selection will base on the individual position each participant from the respective team stands as it completes the run. The individual position of the team members will be totaled and the team which has the lowest points will be declared as champion. If there is a draw in the points, the championship will be decided by team’s fastest timing.
Water Station. Water points along the route will be established at every check-point throughout the route. Participants are encouraged to make full use of the water points to drink water to avoid dehydration.
Amendments Of Rules And Regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these rules and regulations of the Event from time to time as they deem necessary. If there is ambiguity in any of the rules and regulations, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizer will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any update on the rules and regulations of the Event will be notified on prior to the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Event routes as they deem necessary for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
Miscellaneous. The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purposes.
Point Of Contact.
- Event Secretariat.
- Secretariat Officials.
- Lt Col Abdul Rahman Alavi - +6019 263 0053.
- Maj Omaruddin Osman - +6010 397 7792.
- Maj Suhaidi Saad - +6013 201 4470.
Others Link: | Introduction | Army Run - Rules & Regulations | Army Run - Route Map | Army Run - Registration Form |